Beef Tataki with Nectarine Salsa
Try this savoury and refreshing dish recipe by Diana Chan, winner of Master Chef Australia 2017
Serves: 4 pax
You Will Need
Beef Tataki Ingredients :
Beef eye fillet, 350g
Salt and pepper, as needed
Oil for pan frying
Dressing ingredients :
Mirin, 3 tbsp
Rice Vinegar, 2 tbsp
Soy Sauce, 2 tbsp
Yuzu Juice, 1/2 tbsp
Cha Cha Salsa Ingredients :
Nectarine fruits, 6 (deseeded)
Red onion, 1/2 (finely diced)
Ginger, 2cm (grated)
Coriander leaves, 1/2 bunch (finely sliced)
Chives, 1/2 bunch (finely sliced)
Cucumber, 1/2 (peeled and flesh removed and finely)
Long red chili, 1 (deseeded and finely diced)
Salt to taste
Garnish Ingredients :
Radish, thinly sliced
1. For the beef, prepare the beef to make sure and fat or sinew has been removed and it is an even piece. Heat a pan or skillet on medium heat. Before searing your beef, make sure that it is at room temperature.
2. Season the beef with salt, pepper and some oil.
3. Place into the heated pan and 30 seconds all around.
4. Remove and let the meat rest.
5. Before serving, thinly slice the beef into 2mm thickness.
6. For the dressing, mix all the ingredients together into a medium sized bowl.
7. Set aside until ready to serve later.
8. For the salsa, mix all the ingredients together into a medium sized bowl, cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
On a medium sized platter, place the thin slices of beef one on top the other. Place the salsa all over the top of the beef and liberally pour over the dressing all over the beef and salsa.