PAN TRAY ROAST DUCK WITH ORANGE & RHUBARB
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time : 1 Hour 30 Mins
No time to brine a turkey or even have time to roast a full bird, fret not, this recipe is perfect for you and great for sharing.
You Will Need
- Whole Duck, cut into 8 pieces, 2-2.5kg
- Five Spice Powder, 1 teaspoon
- Rhubarb, cut into 3 inches, 3 stalks
- Brown Sugar, 60g
- Orange, thickly sliced, 1 no
- Orange juice, 400ml
- Sage Leaves, 10 leaves
- Sea Salt, as needed
- Crushed Black Pepper, as needed
- Preheat oven at 200˚C. Line a roasting pan with foil and place a rack large enough to hold the duck on top. Pat duck dry with a kitchen towel.
- Rub salt and five spice powder all over the duck and roast it until it turns golden brown in colour which will take about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, orange juice, sea salt and crushed black pepper in a sauce pot and simmer until slightly thicken and reduced. Leave aside to cool.
- Remove the rack and place the duck pieces on the tray. Scatter the rhubarb, orange slices, and half of the sage leaves around.
- Reduce the oven heat to 160˚C. Pour the juice mixture over and continue to roast for another 30 minutes until the sauce is caramelized and the duck meat is tender.