PANETTONE, PLUM & MASCARPONE TRIFLE
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins
What’s better than getting all Christmas flavor in one BIG bowl and sharing it with our loved ones. Fluffy panettone, roasted plum and creamy mascarpone all in one!
You Will Need
- 1 Panettone, cut into 1 inch cubes, 1kg
- Sweet Liquor (GrandMarnier) , 200ml
- Plums, halved and pitted, 1.5kg
- Caster Sugar, 1 cup
- Brown Sugar, 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon Powder, 1 tbsp
- Sweet Liqueur, 1 cup
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice, 1 no
- Castor Sugar, 1/2 cup
- Egg Yolk, 4 nos
- Mascarpone Cheese, 500g
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tbsp
- Passion Fruit Jello, 1 box
- Roasted Plums: Preheat oven at 180˚C. Combine both sugar with cinnamon powder, lemon juice and sweet liquor. Toss the mixture with plums and arrange the plums on a baking tray, cut side up and roast for 30 minutes or until just tender. Let it cool completely.
- Mascarpone Cream: Whisk egg yolk with castor sugar until pale under double boiler. Add in vanilla extract and remove from heat. Let it cool before folding in mascarpone cheese. Keep refrigerated until use.
- To assemble, place cut panettone on the bottom of the triffle bowl. Pour over some liqueur and layered with roasted plums. Top the plums with chilled mascarpone cream and jello. Continue layering with remaining fruits, mascarpone cream, panettone , jello and finish with a layer of roasted plums. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill before serving.