PUMPKINS, MUSHROOM & CRANBERRY TART
Do it yourself Sweet & savory Christmas Dessert .
Serves: 8-10 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 50 min
You Will Need
Fine Flour 550 g
Salt 1/2 teaspoons
Water 20 tablespoons
Cranberry Fresh 300g
Olive Oil 200g
Fresh Thyme 3g
Italian Parsley 10g
Feta Cheese 100g
Salt as needed
Black Pepper as needed
1. Combine the flour and salt, in a bowl. Add the butter, mixing it in thoroughly. The mixture should look like breadcrumbs.
2. Drizzle in the water, tossing as you go, until you’ve added enough water so that you can squeeze the dough together and it’s cohesive. It should hold together nicely; if it doesn’t, add a bit more water.
3. Shape each piece into a flattened ball, or wheel; they should look like big hockey pucks. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven at 180c.
2. Heat the olive oil at pans, sauté garlic until golden brown. Add in pumpkin, portobello mushroom and thyme and mix well. Add in cranberry and stir for a good 5 minutes.
3. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. Roll the larger piece of dough into a 13″ circle (for the skillet), or 12″ circle (for the pie pan). Let the dough rest for 10 minutes; this will help prevent it from shrinking as it bakes. Gently settle it into the pan, be careful not to pull or stretch it.
5. Spoon the filling into the crust. Add Feta cheese and Italian parsley at top of the filling.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until it is cooked through. Leave it to cool to serve.