STICKY TOFFEE APPLE MINCE PIES
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins
You Will Need
- Frozen short Crust pastry, thawed, 4 sheets
- Mincemeat, 1 bottle
- Granny smith apples, thinly sliced, 1/2 no
- Fresh Cranberries, halved , 1/2 cup
- Demerara, 1/4 cup
Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Unsalted butter, softenened, 85g
- Brown Sugar, 50g
- Golden Syrup, 75g
- Treacle, 40g
- Self-rising flour, 100g
- Vanilla essence 1 Teaspoon
- Eggs, 2 nos
- Steam ginger in syrup, chopped, 2 nos
- Preheat oven at 180˚C and butter or oil muffin tin or tart shells.
- Sticky Toffee Pudding: Combine butter and brown sugar in a mixer and beat till pale. Add in eggs, golden syrup, treacle, self rising flour, vanilla essence and chopped stem ginger and mix till just combine. Set aside.
- Lay short crust pastry on a floured work surface and using 7cm diameter cookie cutter, cut out a few round disk. Using knife, make a few slits around the pastry to fit it into muffin tin or tart shells.
- Fill each of muffin or tart shells with 1 tablespoon of mincemeat, followed by halved cranberries and top with sticky toffee pudding batter.
- Finish the pie with thinly sliced apples and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of demerara sugar on top of each pies. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the pudding has risen and the short crust pastry has cooked through